Sept 8, 2018
Hello Guests and Coaches of HOD Northeast,
Welcome to our Fall Fun at Lightning high-performance driving event! Please read this email carefully, as it contains important logistics for a wonderful weekend of driving.
The daily run group schedule will be provided at check-in.
EVERYONE MUST HAVE a self-technical inspection form filled out prior to check-in unless you have already completed your online E signature tech and waiver forms.
NJ State law requires us to have a tech sheet for each car on hand. Not having one prior to check-in will only delay you and your fellow drivers waiting in line. Blank forms are available online and in the classroom both mornings.
Trailer drop-offs are permitted by the track after 7:00 pm on Friday, and anyone wishing to camp overnight is welcome to!
Please note that this weekend is always a busy one at NJMP.
As in the past years, this weekend hosts Superbike races on the other side (Tbolt) as well as a karting event going on at the karting track. Please see the attached map. (The maps will also be given out at the front gate for all)
· 6:00 am – Gates open
· 6:45 am to 8:15 am – Registration and Helmet Rentals (Classroom)
· 8:05 am – Coaches Meeting (Garage)
· 8:25 am – Mandatory Drivers Meeting (Outside Garage)
Track is hot from 9 am – 6 pm
Please Remember to…
· Arrive fueled up (both you AND your car!)
· Wear long pants and closed-toed shoes; short sleeved shirts are OK, but no tank tops!
· Bring minimum Snell SA2010 helmet if you do not have one reserved (Snell M motorcycle helmets are not acceptable for on-track use)
· Helmet Rentals are available onsite on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to reserve a helmet please Email MONA@HOOKEDONDRIVING.COM with your size before Friday 12pm (Click here for a sizing chart)
· Convertible owners – Ensure that a straight-edge placed from the top of the windshield to the roll protection does NOT touch your helmet when seated in your car. As a reminder, convertibles without EXPOSED roll protection are prohibited by NJ state law from running at NJMP (Convertibles and Roadsters are not always the same.) NJMP as a facility has the final say on whether a vehicle will be allowed. Example, a Z4 has historically been allowed by NJMP but a corvette convertible has not without a roll bar installed. (Please Email us with questions on Roadsters (Spyder/Spider).
As always, complimentary hot coffee and bottled water will be available to keep you hydrated and alert throughout the day, and lunch is included as part of your registration.
Lastly, for those of you in the A-Novice group, please arrive with a SOLID understanding of motorsports flags. This will make your day far more enjoyable! A quick video guide can be found here:
We thank you for choosing Hooked on Driving, and eagerly look forward to being your hosts next weekend! In the interim, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Your HOD Northeast Team